Wednesday, March 15, 2017

Blog About Twitter

Twitter vs BlackBoard Discussion boards. While these two websites offer similar tools, the way society perceives these two tools is vastly different. I don't usually go to Twitter to discuss about my Academics, nor do I go to the BlackBoard Discussion Boards to find the latest news about what my classmates are up to.
A Twitter Discussion is very casual, as in I don't have to worry too much about the phrasing of my view points, whereas on BlackBoard, I'm forces to use a more refined vocabulary and to be more robust with my sentence structure. While this concept of casual vs professional is most likely a viewpoint unique to me, I will still uphold it since I believe that when I communicate with other classmates, I need to stay courteous and professional, whereas when I speak to random people online, I can afford to be a little less strict with my wording.

No comments:

Post a Comment