Wednesday, March 15, 2017

Social Networking Sites

The four social media websites that I will be discussing are Facebook, Twitter, Reddit, and YouTube. These websites have different primary functions, and since I have used these websites for years, my experiences with them is mostly positive.
Facebook is a website that allows me to communicate with my peers. It has a casual attitude and is mostly a place for users to share the experiences, and for advertisers to sell goods and services tailored to your needs and interests,
Twitter is a website whose primary purpose is following and listening to people. On that website I follower famous YouTubers and Game Developers, because the website offers a unique opportunity to talk with these celebrities. I used to post gaming streams on their for my friends to watch, however, that phase has long since passed.
Reddit is a social media that I visit every day. Its primary purpose is to be a newspaper of sorts, where users can create posts discussing politics, media, software, or generally anything. Reddit breaks up its groups into sub-reddits, where users get the chance to meet with and talk to other likeminded individuals.
Youtube is another website that I visit daily. Youtube allows me to follow other content creators and is generally an entertainment platform first. The sense of community on youtube comes in the form of the comments section, where users get to interact with on another about the video that they had just watched. Many YouTubers use different forms of social media to advertise their videos, as well as to be able to speak with their subscribers.

No comments:

Post a Comment